A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 7, and the end of week 1 – Acts chapter 7

Just going to post a bit early...

Hope you are doing well with this attempt at a habit change.  If not, keep trying.  Having time with God where he speaks to you is SO important in the life of a Christian.
Here we are at chapter 7, and Stephen has been arrested for preaching, and when he is brought forth for trial, he has the opportunity to plead his case.  He shows them from the Scriptures how he believes Jesus is the Messiah.  He links a good chunk of Jewish history to Jesus, and that God is not a one that is held in the walls of a temple.  Some would even suggest that they took it to mean that he was going to try to destroy the temple.

Whatever it was, in verse 57, the Jewish leaders put their hands over their ears and started yelling.  I see temper tantrum here.... Kid with their hands over their ears telling their parents that they are not listening to them. 
They drag Stephen out and kill him by throwing rocks at him.  He has already had a vision of Jesus in heaven with the Father.  Now he is being killed for his faith and love for Jesus. 

Also of note: Because Stephen spoke against the temple they would have torn their clothes in the presence of blasphemy.  They laid their clothes in front of a man named  Saul.  Better keep an eye on that  guy.
--As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” He fell to his knees, shouting, “Lord, don’t charge them with this sin!” And with that, he died.--


No comments: