A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 18... Here we go to Acts 18!

Ok, quick rundown today!  Took me wel into my teens to realize that Pricilla and Aquilla were husband and wife.  I always thought that Aquilla sounded very womanly for a name.  They were tentmakers... So we also find out that Paul does this too.  (As a side note, some scholars think that they may have made prayer shawls, and not tents, but that is something for further research.)

AGAIN people begin to oppose Paul.  This time, though, it goes in his favour.  They drag him before the guy in charge... again... and they set him up to be the bad guy... again... But here is where the difference happens.  The Roman ruler says that it's really none of his concern and he throws them out of his court.  The Jewish people then beat up on the Jewish leader that tried to get Paul in trouble.

I had to look this part up.  Paul seems to have taken some sort of Nazarite vow, and wehn it came to an end he shaved his head as was custom... it would have been burned.  (Of course the most famous Nazarite vow would be Samson from the book of Judges.)

And then we have this new guy on the scene Apollos.  He knows about John's water baptism, and he is coverting many people, but Pricilla and Aquilla speak to him and teach him about the more complete Holy Spirit baptism.

Lots going on here!

No comments: