A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The 24th Chapter of Acts.... and the 24th day of our study...

Ok.... Again with the false accusations!  The Pharisees put up all these charges against Paul, and then he gets to defend himself and point out that they have no proof.  They might have well said that he dressed up as the Easter Bunny... they would have had more proof.  The Jewish guys even brought in a lawyer to argue their case.

Paul admits he is part of the Way, and that he strives to keep a clear conscience before God.  Paul establishes that he is only on trial because he believes that the dead will rise.

He ends up having many discussions over the next few years with Felix (whose wife was a Jew), and Felix keeps bringing him back to him thinking that Paul might try to bribe his way out of jail.  But then Felix is finished his posting and Paul is left in prison.....

No comments: