A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 4! Acts 4

Ok, so i don't know about you, but this chapter could be taken from two perspectives.... One is, "Oh, no, they got arrested for preaching about Jesus."  Two is, "AMAZING!  They preached and 5000 people got saved, and then they got a private audience with some very high profile people, and got to share Jesus with them!"

I prefer the second one.

This chapter is another example of how when someone is filled with the Holy Spirit, God gives them the words to speak and the courage to do what needs to be done.  There was a strong attempt at intimidation here.  The religious leaders were trying to silence these apostles... Peter and John.  But like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego of the book of Daniel, these men chose to follow Jesus no matter what. 

It is interesting to note that one of the things that stopped the argument was the formerly-crippled beggar standing outside.  The religious leaders could not argue with what they had seen.  They could not argue with what God had done in this man's life.  Same thing for you.  People can't argue with God is doing in your life.

Something I learned:  Later in the book we will hear about Paul and Barnabas... Barbanas' name is really Joseph.  Barnabas was more of a nickname.  :)  It would be neat to have someone call me something like "Son of Encouragement".

It is also interesting that people are selling off property so that the needs of the poor can be met.  It should be interesting to see how that goes.  I hope no one tries to take advantage of them.

No comments: