A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Acts Chapter 12 (Day 12)

Ok, so it's a little late.  I saved it and forgot to post it.  Here is Acts 12!

We begin this chapter with further opposition to the Christians. One of the Apostles, James (one of the Sons of Thunder) is killed by the sword, and since Herod got some good response from the Jews, he captured Peter too. While he was in prison, the Bible says that the church was praying for him.

Here is another one of the miraculous jail breaks that happen in the bible. This one is an angel that comes and releases Peter and gets him outside the city, where he is able to get to a safe home. It is clear that Herod wanted to make sure that Peter did not escape. He was captured by several guards, and was chained to some guards in the cell overnight. Herod is not counting on an angel.

I remember a song from the early days of Amy Grant about this. Take a look (and love the 80's hair):



We end the chapter with Herod being struck dead… In quite a gross way… You’ll have to look it up.

As a pastor, they always tell you that there will be one of three ways that pastors tend to fall. They say, don’t touch the girls… the gold… or the Glory. So, dealing with people that are the opposite gender, should be done as though you are brothers and sisters. God’s money is God’s money. Don’t take any. Always point people to Jesus. It is never about them following you.

Chapter 13 brings a big shift for Saul.

No comments: