A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Bible and the Tongue -- Day 2

Matthew 15:18But what goes out of the mouth comes from the heart. And that’s what contaminates a person in God’s sight. CEB

In the Bible, the writers tend you use the “heart” as the deepest, most spiritual place in a person.  It is where they attribute your emotions.  It is where they point to when you submit your life towards God to trust in his salvation.  Your heart is who you are… when no one else is looking.  Some people tend to behave in different ways when they think no one is looking.  In the end you will speak from whatever your heart is like.  If you are crude and rude, your speech will match.  If you are kind and compassionate, your speech will match.

This verse says that what comes from a person’s heart is what contaminates us before God.

THINK!
  • How do you think your heart gets messed up and contaminated before God?
  • What are some things you can do change that?
  • What about the words that come out of your mouth at other people?  What does it say about your heart?

Words you may not know:
  •   Contaminate: to make impure or unsuitable by contact or mixture with something unclean, bad, etc
 

No comments: