A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Most Important Thing to God...

Sometimes with all of the stuff going on in our lives with our families, our friends, our acquaintances, and even those people we would call our enemies, honestly we can feel quite alone. I know of several people who feel very alone in their family. They just don’t seem to agree with their parents, or maybe their parents are trying to work through their own issues about separation.


Maybe they are alone at school. I hear more and more stories of young people being bullied, and going through kinds of depression all fuelled by popularity, relationships and all that stuff.

This past week at Infuzion we talked about how the most important thing to God is you… yes, YOU! If you look at the bible you can see that as the story unfolds. It starts with God creating people, loving those people, setting up rules for the safety of those people, talking to those people, and having to limit those relationships because of sin. The rest of the bible is the story of how God provides a way of restoring the plan to get the relationship back with people. And the story ends when those that choose to follow God’s ways get to go to be with Him.

God gave us several things to help us to have a relationship with Him now… here… in our present life. He provides the 5-fold ministry: Evangelists, Prophets, Apostles, Pastors and Teachers. He provided several spiritual gifts for us to use a tools to help others in the church and outside the church. He provided spiritual armour to protect us in our fight against principalities and powers.

God gave us SO much, even offering His own Son so that we can know Him, and approach our Maker. He wants a relationship with us. I intend to keep embracing it, and getting as close to God as I can. It’s tough at times, but you can always count on the fact that no matter what, God loves you. He wants to know you, and He wants you to know Him.

No comments: