A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Monday, February 27, 2012

28 Days!!! Time to make a change....

Some "Experts" say that it takes 28 days to develop a new set of habits, or to change a behaviour. If you are having problems making sure to take some time for God each day, then maybe now is the time to make that change. We’re here in the midst of Lent, and time for traditional fasting before Easter. Maybe the kind of thing to give up this year is something that wastes your time. Video games? Movies? Internet time? Maybe you don’t have to give them up completely, but just limit and track the amount of time you do use. Then, in some of that time that you now have free, spend it with God.

Remember that thing about 28 days? Well, it just so happens that the Book of Acts has 28 chapters in it. Start today, and do ONE CHAPTER A DAY for the next 28 days. It will take about 5 minutes to read the chapter, and then is you spend a few more minutes praying for some things that are on your mind, you will be well on your way to building your relationship with God!

I did mine for today, and Acts 1 is really interesting. First of all, you have to remember that the book of Acts, or the Acts of the Apostles, if it were written today would be called something like Luke 2: This Time It’s Personal. The Book of Luke and the Book of Acts were written by the same person. So Acts is like the sequel to Luke.

Second thing that stood out to me is how disgusting it must have been for whoever found Judas with his guts falling out all over the place when he died.

Third thing that stood out… Judas saw all the stuff that Jesus did, and still he chose money over following Jesus. In the end his greed killed him. He betrayed his friend and Saviour. And then they had to replace him as one of the twelve apostles. Matthias is chosen.

Now all they have to do is wait for the Holy Spirit to come. I hope they don’t have to wait very long...

No comments: