A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Coming down to the end of another year.....

I was out to breakfast with a friend and he noted that I had not updated my blog in quite some time. I looked and my last post was about vision in 2010. And now that we are coming down to the end of 2010, I thought I would look at my own life and measure it agains the two focuses of the Infuzion ministry.


I have spent a LOT of time over the past few years studying the idea of Calling, as in being called by God. What does it mean? How does it work? Why do so many people run from it? How does God prepare you for the things that he wants you to do? Are there things that all people are called to? I really got into this and I came to a point where I realized that it was settled in my spirit, and I didn't have to dig further. I'm hoping at some point to be able to articulate the thoughts and feelings in my life and help others as they search out their own calling.


Now, I feel that I am supposed move onto something else.... a different area of study.


I have gotten some other ideas for direction to go with Infuzion. It is a slow process, but we do see the impact that working with these young people has on them. I know that part of the Infuzion ministry is also to be there for parents as well...


I have so many ideas, and keep trying to advance them. I committed that if I was going to teach young people to go after God, and to use all of their talents, that I was going to do the same.


I will still strive for that in the new year!


Take a look at your year. What have you done with your time? Have you wasted? Have you nurtured your gifts? Have you gotten closer to God this year? What areas are you weak in? What gifts have you neglected?


I'll try to be a bit more on the ball with writing here in the new year.

No comments: