A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Take a look at that....

I keep hearing those words. I don't know why they have stood out to me, but they just have. Everywhere I turn, there they are. I hear them. What does it really mean though? There is not just looking involved with those words. There is looking, analyzing, critiqueing, filtering, sorting, resolving, assimilating, accepting, endorsing, rejecting, subverting and taking action (not necessarily in that order). So many things go on with just that little idea, but really it is a big deal. Just going to take a look at that.

What do you just take a look at? What do you analyze, critique, filter, sort in your mind, resolve, assimilate, accept, endorse, reject, subvert and take action on? What kind of person do those things make you? Do they bring good through the windows to your soul, your eyes? Do they help you make your mind match the mind of God? The eyes are the lamp of the body. Do they bring in light? Or do they bring in darkness? Everything we just "take a look at" affects us.

Ever hear someone say, "I'm going to take in a movie"? Well, they are doing just that, taking in all of the ideas and thoughts portrayed on the screen. Does the person watching agree with what is on screen? Should they? Are they able to truly disregard it?

Just something I have been thinking about lately....

No comments: