A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily....

I was just doing some reading to prepare for the barrage or questions for "Stump Pastor J" this coming Sunday.  One of the first verses I read was Jesus telling his disciples that if anyone is going to follow him they will have to DAILY pick up their cross and follow him.

A few thoughts.... First, Jesus' road to the cross was hard.  It was painful.  It took all of his life but because he endured it, we can be saved.

Secondly, Jesus told them to be prepared to take up their cross DAILY.  Every day we need to examine our lives based on the standard of the Bible, and give our lives for Jesus.  That might not mean as much for those of us living in North America, but Christians in other parts of the world literally have their lives threatened.  It can happen here too.

It may not be in the form of dying for Jesus.  I heard a leadership thought that brought this verse in Luke 9 to mind.  A leader chooses the corporate good over personal pleasure or preference.

That is SO tough!  Making choices like that could cause discomfort or hurt is not a favourite passtime of mine.  As Christians we are to be leaders.  We are to make disciples... to model being a Christian.  Sometimes it will mean making hard choices where we have to make the sacrifice in favour of something for the cause of Jesus.

No comments: