A Little Bit About Me...

My photo
I have many hats that I wear. I am a husband and father. I am pastor/teacher at my church. I am part of a team working on a large project at work. I am a friend. I am a budding visionary. I am a writer, an actor, and a director. I am an artist. I am a student of the Bible. I have a brain that comes up with some pretty crazy and interesting ideas, and I have a personality to match. I try to treat all people how I would like to be treated. I strive to be steadfast, immovable in my faith. I seek after the TRUTH, and I believe that it can be found, not just 'from my perspective', but for all people.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH!

I have spoken to many people over the years that try to tell me that they can be a Christian, and not go to church. They will tell me that they can just spend time with God on their own, or watch some TV ministry to get some teaching.



It seems pretty clear to me that the Bible teaches that we need to gather corporately. Hebrews 10:25 says, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”


See? It, says, encourage one another. God wants people to learn from each other in the church and be a support to each other. Then I ran into this list of other ‘One Another’ verses from the Bible. Take a look at all the other things God wants us to learn by spending time with our church family:


Love one another. (John 13:34)


Accept one another. (Romans 15:7)


Forgive one another. (Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13)


Be gentle to one on another. (Ephesians 4:2)


Be clothed in humility with one another. (1 Peter 5:5)


Weep with one another. (Romans 12:15)


Live in harmony with one another. (Romans 12:16)


Don’t judge one another. (Romans 14:13)


Be patient with one another. (Ephesians 4:2)


Admonish one another. (Colossians 3:16)


Greet one another. (Romans 16:16)


Wait for one another. (1 Corinthians 11:33)


Care for one another. (1 Corinthians 12:25)


Serve one another. (Galatians 5:13)


Be kind to one another. (Ephesians 4:32)


Be devoted to one another. (Romans 12:10)


Be compassionate toward one another. (Ephesians 4:32)


Encourage one another. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)


Submit to one another. (Ephesians 5:21)


Make allowances for one another. (Colossians 3:13)


Stimulate love in one another. (Hebrews 10:24)


Offer hospitality to one another. (1 Peter 4:9)


Minister gifts to one another. (1 Peter 4:10)


Rejoice with one another. (Romans 12:15; 1 Corinthians 12:26)


Don’t slander one another. (James 4:7)


Don’t grumble against one another. (James 5:9)


Confess your sins to one another. (James 5:16)


Pray for one another. (James 5:16)


Fellowship with one another. (1 John 1:7)


Don’t be puffed up against one another. (1 Corinthians 4:6)


Carry one another’s burdens. (Galatians 6:2)


Honour one another. (Romans 12:10)


Depend on one another. (Romans 12:5)


Prefer one another. (Romans 12:10)


Comfort one another. (2 Corinthians 1:4)


That is 35 things that the Bible tells us we should be like with other people that are Christians. Two things, you can’t do any of those things off on your own. You have to get involved in the church to do them. Second, this is a long list, and it is a hard list, and I have a long way to go in learning these things too.


List quoted from The Unshakable TRUTH by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell.





No comments: